Wednesday, June 15, 2011

at Brasserie Beck Downtown

Fullers Chiswick Bitter from the tap was the perfect beer to start brunch with accompanied by the waffles from Brasserie Beck. It was smooth, light, a little watery, good for a hangover! Giving this beer a rating seems to be wrong. It is what it is, and that is a good session beer or a beer to start a morning off right!




We enjoyed a Lost Abbey Avant Garde. I remember nothing about drinking this beer. I recall I thought it was good. I liked the name Avant Garde. Rate Beer gives it a 95 so i'll go with that!

What I do remember well is Lost Abbeys Oak(brandy) Barrel Angels Share! This beer just f*cks with your taste buds! I'm sure we'll be drinking this a few more times to try and figure it out. It's dark, it's malty, it's sweet, it's a tad smokey, it's a tad vanillaish, it has aftertastes galore! Weird thing was that I couldn't stand the aroma. I actually had to make sure not to breathe in while sipping it as it was such an offensive odor to me, yet I couldn't keep my lips off it. Kinda like a very sweet horny ugly girl at 1am in a bar after a long dry spell. I'll give a nod of 100 to this since it's so freakin' complex. I give it a 0 for aroma though.


AleSmith Wee Heavy. This beer was the last one we enjoyed and was consumed right after the Angels Share. I feel bad for the placement of this beer as I was already drunk out for the day and had the onslaught of taste bud satisfaction and confusion from the Angels Share just prior to this. Under any other circumstances this would have been the sh!t for the day! It's a beautiful dark bitter sweet syrupy smokey whiskey finished Wee Heavy that garners a 100 rating from me.




BRASSERIE BECK, 1101 K Street NW, Washington, DC 20005

No comments:

Post a Comment